Thursday, January 13, 2011

I came to Sweden to study, right?


Since I have been here school has not been too tough. I think that is not a reflection on the school but because I have class with international students from all around the world. I am always at the advantage of english being my first language. While some other students have english as the second, third and sometimes even fourth or fifth languages. For this reason alone the classes are bit slower pace and not as difficult. Since I have been here I have learned a lot. While in class I learned about the history of Sweden and its sourronding countries. I learned about the society, politics and beliefs of Sweden or Swedes in general. Up until about now things have been pretty smooth. Until my last course, Media, Culture and Society 2. I have to finish up and submit a 20 page research paper within the next 4 days. I guess you can say it is getting me back on track considering 3 days after my return home I start my next semester at San Jose State University. My first day is from 10-9 pm a long day. Since being in Paris I did not work on the paper at all and now I’ll be sacrificing some of my last days in Europe getting this paper done. It is a bummer to have to spend 4 days doing this when I would rather be doing other things, but I need to remember I came to Sweden to study, right?

-- Alaura

No comments:

Post a Comment