Monday, March 14, 2011

Wake Up CALL

This past weekend a horrible earthquake occurred causing a life changing Tsunami for the people in Japan as well as all over the world. The video footage of the events that have taken place are more than saddening. While Japan is in a state of turmoil the news of a possible tsunami to hit Hawaii and California coast was what I was dreadfully concerned about that Thursday night. My dear friend Nathan was in Hawaii alone, on a work assignment, alone while the Tsunami warning was put out. I talked to him all night to try and calm his nerves letting him know that I was just as concerned for his safety as he was. He has been in Hawaii now for about a month and even though he was in a dark place at the moment I couldn't imagine such a beautiful place going dark like the images I saw of Japan.

These are the pictures that he has sent me so far from Hawaii...
After a full night of torture things are fine and I couldn't be more grateful. Natural disasters are what I at times fear will create the 'end of the world.' How lives can change instantly is a real wake up call to how you live your life. You should spend everyday living purposely. 

--Alaura

No comments:

Post a Comment