Monday, February 28, 2011

All Around the World

For some reason this morning I woke up, laid in bed and thought about all the countries I was able to visit while I lived abroad in Sweden. I looked at my day ahead and saw -- school (3 classes), a visit to the mall, probably a starbucks run, the bachelor on TV tonight, dinner with friends (possibly if time allows it). I saw a day that I commonly go about while here in California. Then I thought about the days I lived and all the people I came across while in these countries...
Sweden

Stockholm, Sweden

Barcelona, Spain
BCN, Spain
TAllINN, ESTONIA
Amsterdam
Helsinki, Finland
PARIS, FRANCE
Then I realized that I miss these places very much. I met so many people-- friends, teachers, people in passing even David Guetta. I saw so many amazing things-- tourist areas, scenery. And I experienced knew things -- public transportation in these countries, different foods, cultures, languages. I thought about all the people in these places and realized they are going about their lives in places I was only able to visit for such a short period of time. I remember feeling so cramped in the subway in Barcelona one time looking around noticing the old Spanish man who got up just to let a young woman sit. Even though it was miserable to stand in the hot, crowded subway he did it. I remember walking to the train once in Sweden, freezing wishing I had my car. Now I look back and miss walking through the snow hearing nothing but the silence and the frequent crunch the snow made under my moon boots due to the drastic cold with each step I made. I remember the little cafes in Paris and the energetic men and women who worked inside them always greeting me with such warmth. They are still there today living a happy life. 

Everyones life, no matter where in the world you are, continues. How you live your life is important for the time past is the time lost that you will never get back. As I go about my day today I will think about all the other people who are going about there day wondering what everyone is doing all around the world.

-- Alaura

1 comment: